Test your knowledge of Arizona with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
2. Name Arizona’s five C’s.
3. What is the largest Indian tribe in the United States?
4. Which city is higher in elevation, Tucson or Phoenix?
5. Where does one find trees that have turned to stone?
6. What Indian tribe calls itself a nation?
7. What are the well-known colorful Hopi Indian dolls called?
8. What is the water project bringing water to central Arizona from the Colorado River?
9. What popular liquor comes from the desert plant maguey (m’gay)?
10. Name Arizona’s largest employer.
11. What is Arizona’s “official neckware” (for men)?
12. What is Arizona’s rainy season called?
13. What is iron pyrite commonly called?
14. Where were the men who “died with their boots on” frequently buried?
15. What Indian tribe lives at Fort McDowell?
1. The Grand Canyon State
2. Climate, cotton, cattle, copper and citrus
4. Tucson (Tucson—2,389 ft.; Phoenix—1,389 ft.)
5. Petrified Forest near Holbrook in Navajo County
6. The Navajo Nation
7. Katsina (Kachina) Dolls
8. Central Arizona Project(CAP)
10. State of Arizona
11. Bola tie
12. Monsoon season (July, August, September)
13. Fool’s gold
14. Boot Hill (Tombstone)