How to Keep Scorpions Away from Your Home

Excerpt from Valley 101: A Slightly Skewed Guide to Living in Arizona, a collection of Clay Thompson’s columns for The Arizona Republic. (Originally published July 18, 1999.)

Q: Help! My house is overrun with scorpions, and I hate them.

A: How ungracious of you. First of all, the scorpions were here first, and secondly, they absolutely adore you.

And what do they get from you? The back of your Reebok.

And, in a way, it’s your fault there are so many of them in the first place. Well, not your fault personally, but our fault collectively.

There are about 35 species of scorpions in Arizona, but only five or six in the Phoenix area, including our personal favorite, the giant hairy scorpion.

All are venomous. That’s their stock-in-trade. But according to Marilyn Bloom, a microbiology research specialist at Arizona State University, there is only one species that really needs concern us: the bark scorpion.

This is a nasty little critter, skinny and yellowish in color, and it’s sting can cause intense pain, numbness and, at least in theory, death. Bloom said there are no accounts of anyone dying of a scorpion sting in the 40 years that records have been kept.

Bloom has an interesting job. With the help of three goats, she produces scorpion antivenin for distribution to area hospitals, doctors and veterinarians. During the summer, she gets a dozen or so requests for antivenin a week.

Here’s how to tell if your scorpions are bark scorpions: Only bark scorpions climb vertical surfaces. If your scorpions confine themselves to scurrying along the floor, you’re probably OK. If you’re finding them on the walls or in your drapes or climbing up the side of your house (or your leg), you’ve got a problem.

There are scorpions all over the Valley, but many of us have gone for years without ever seeing one, much less getting stung. Some people believe they are more common in areas where new housing is encroaching on the scorpions’ natural desert habitat. That’s only partly true, according to Bert Putterman, general manager of Arizona Exterminating Co.

Weather stripping and caulking and can prevent scorpions from entering your home. iStock

On a hunk of untouched desert, the scorpion count may be relatively low, Putterman said, “but when a development comes in, suddenly there might be thousands to an acre.” That’s because when houses and humans show up, “it’s just like a Furr’s Cafeteria moved in” to scorpions, he said.

“Scorpions are extremely environmentally compatible with us,” Putterman said. That’s because humans come bearing gifts, mostly scorpion food and shelter.

Our security lights and streetlights attract bugs, which, in turn, attract scorpions. Our rock gardens and woodpiles and laundry rooms and well-watered lawns provide shelter and water. We’re the best thing that ever happened to scorpions.

So, as the urban area grows, so does the scorpion population.

“Twenty years ago, when I first moved here, we’d get three or four calls a summer for scorpions, and we’d go out on them just as a novelty,” Putterman said. “Ten years ago, we could identify specific areas of infestation
(around the Valley.) Today, 75 percent of the calls we get are for scorpions.”

If you do have scorpions in your house, it’s probably not by their choice. Scorpions are most comfortable in conditions 75 to 95 degrees, Putterman said, and chances are the coolness of your house makes them sluggish. They’d just as soon be outside, perhaps under that nice cool damp towel your kids left on the lawn after they played in the sprinkler.

Because scorpions are nocturnal and most exterminators are not, spraying them probably isn’t going to have much effect. Short of a direct hit, most pesticides don’t really bother scorpions much. On the other hand, spraying will kill their food source, bugs.

But killing the bugs might not make that much difference. Bloom says a healthy scorpion can go nine to 12 months without eating. That means a bark scorpion would be perfectly content to curl up in the toe of a seldom-worn shoe for months on end.

Putterman and Bloom offered a number of tips for keeping scorpions away:

• Switch your outdoor lights from white bulbs to yellow. Yellow light doesn’t attract bugs the way white light does.
  • Check your weather-stripping. If you can slide a business card under your weather-stripping, there’s enough room for a scorpion to wiggle through.
  • Caulk or otherwise plug the spaces where electrical, phone or waterlines enter your house. Ditto in the kitchen and bathrooms where pipes come out of the wall.
  • Clear away, or at least frequently move, woodpiles or any other stuff you might have stacked up near your house.
  • Don’t leave wet towels on the ground around a pool or spa. Conversely, if you want to catch scorpions, leave a damp towel on your kitchen floor overnight. In the morning, pick it up, with tongs or with gloves on, and see what came calling.
  • The redwood bark some folks use as mulch looks nice on flowerbeds, but it’s a scorpion magnet. If you’re digging around it, wear gloves and keep your eyes open.

Comments

1. SaraD says

Eliminating crickets in and around your home seems to help. Scorpions love having crickets for supper. And I don’t mean as guests.

2. Richard says

We spray every month and plug up every little gap we can find and yet we have seen two scorpions in the house this spring, however by this time we usually see 4 or 5 so things do seem to be better. I would suggest if your having problems placing sticky boxes in area’s you may be finding an un-welcome visitor and also scorpion powder next to your doors, provided you don’t have pets. Apart from that just be careful by wearing something on your feet when walking around the house and knocking your shoes out before putting them on just in case. My wife has stepped on and been stung by bark scorpions twice over the last 7 years. It’s not fun so I’d say the most important thing is to knock out your shoes and look before reaching into blind spaces just in case.

3. Sheila says

I have a scorpion infestation, and I am ready to sell my house and move on. Over the last 5 years, I have killed approximately 40-50 scorpions inside my home. I have had the exterminator out many times, but it doesn’t seem to help much. Sticky traps have been my best defense so far. I am thinking about plugging up all the weep holes in the brick exterior, and covering the vents on the soffits with a window screen, and maybe putting sticky traps in the attic where the vents are. Does anyone have any other ideas? I have already surrounded my bed with sticky traps so they can’t get us at night.
    I’m at the point where I can’t sleep with the lights off any more.

4. Ron Hilfinger says

For many years, we have put a line of “diatomaceous earth” around the parameter of our house.
    It is most commonly known as the white powder used in pool filtration systems… (Not sand)
    “D.E.” is known to cut the under surface of the scorpions…Also, it sticks to them and they end up carrying it back to their nest where it spreads to others..
    Seems to be one of the best defenses.

5. Ashley says

Not sure if anyone is still having trouble with scorpions (but I’m sure you are since they’re tough to get rid of completely :P) but ABC15 is advertising a story that airs on Monday, May 6 about scorpions, hunting them with blacklights and things that do/don’t work to get rid of them: http://bit.ly/168HmuN

6. Gerald Bourguet says

If you’ve found a scorpion in your home or your backyard, calling Scorpion Hunters with ABC15 might be a good idea. They’ll tell you how to kill it and how to prevent them from getting in your home. There’s a story that’ll be airing on Monday at 10 p.m. in case anybody’s interested! With the weather warming up and more scorpions coming out the play I highly recommend it: http://bit.ly/10d4QGK

7. Dave says

We just moved into a new ranch home about two weeks ago and already have had four scorpions in the house, as well as one black widow. All of the scorpions were bark scorpions, I believe. Assuming that number becomes the average then we are looking at encountering about 100 scorpions a year in the house. Considering that we have small children I’m taking this very seriously. On top of sealing all the nooks and crannies, I’m wanting to put some sort of perimeter around the house, but I’m concerned about what’s child and pet friendly. I mean ACTUALLY safe, not just “advertised.’ Does anyone have any experience with this? I saw the comment about diatomaceous earth, and I’ll be researching that as an option.

• Sheila says

Dave, I haven’t had much success in blocking scorpions from the outside. We’ve had much better success in sealing off the entry points from the INSIDE. We caulked baseboards, and sealed every location where water pipes enter the house, the we removed all the A/C vents from the ceiling, and caulked around the metal vents so that there was no space between the sheetrock and the duct itself. Then we bought window screening material, and cut it into small pieces and put in inside the bathroom vent fans so that its not just open to the attic. We also bought strips of foam sealant and put them around the gaps surrounding all windows (from the inside). It has been a LOT of work. But we have not seen a scorpion in the house so far this year. When our house was being constructed, we put a line of diatomaceous earth in the interstitial wall space, completely around the entire house. Apparently it was no help. Previous to this year, we had about 50 scorpions in the house, beginning about 1 month after move-in.

• Sheila says

Well… It happened. after 6 months of no scorpions, I just found one in the living room. It’s almost midnight… Lucky I was up and found him. I’m looking at him right now… Have decided to experiment with him rather than just the usual shoe-smash. First I ran him up into a glass jar to see if its true that they can’t climb smooth glass. Good news -they can’t!!! Next experiment: I put three strips of two-sided tape on a paper plate, and dumped the scorpion onto the plate near the tape. I think you see where I’m going with this. Unfortunately, he seems to be able to maneuver across the two-sided tape, although it has slowed him down considerably. I think with a better grade of tape, something thicker and stronger, he might get stuck on it. This would be better than typical sticky traps, because the areas of use wouldn’t be limited by the boxy size. I can envision wrapping this around the feet of the beds, as well as around entry points that can’t be completely sealed off (like doors). I’m also wondering about the possibility of sprinkling diatomaceous earth onto the two-sided tape so that he gets cut by the diatoms, but they remain lodged in place on the tape. I wish I could post a picture of this… He seems to be tiring from trying to finish getting across all three strips of tape. Tomorrows list of projects definitely includes searching for industrial strength two-sided tape..

• Laura says

My neighbor has had a bunch of them & used the diatomaceous earth. He said it really helped. There are many types though….Just make sure you use the FOOD GRADE DE. You can get it at local feed stores.

• Laura says

Sorry, meant to add that the food grade DE is safe to use around kids & pets (other types are NOT). My neighbor sprinkled it all around, it looked like a mini snowstorm, but it apparently worked.

8. Trevor says

I moved to a house that backs up against the desert preserve. The previous owner said they had bark scorpions, so it has been my mission to defend my house. These are my actions, and so far I now only find 1 or 2 scorpions per week outside – no more inside.
    1) buy a blacklight flashlight and the regular can of RAID. No other bug spray is as effective as RAID on scorpions (trust me – I’ve tried them all). Just a 1 second spray will kill em. GO out each night 10-11:30 pm. Look along the bottom of your house and along the block wall fencing.
    2) Go buy the cheapest acrylic/silicone caulk and fill the cracks at bottom of house where foundation meets the stucco. Fill all the cracks in your block wall since scorpions live in the block wall during the day. Fill all cracks around water pipes, AC pipes, electrical wires enter the house.
    3) use caulk to fill cracks on inside of house – like where water pipes enter below the cabinets.
    4) use caulk to fill crack at bottom of baseboards.
    **note- you can always paint the caulk to match**
    5) buy new weatherstripping/door wipers to reduce the size of cracks around doors.
    6) sprinkle diatomaceous earth along base of block wall and along base of house.

I have heard of putting your bed posts in glass bowls since scorpions cant climb glass, but this is only temporary and you should follow the steps I’ve listed above.

The final tip, which I haven’t had to do is to get a chicken. They eat scorpions and all other bugs. Of course now you have a chicken to deal with.

• Peaches says

Trevor, thanks for the excellent suggestion of the chicken to get rid of scorpions. I am searching for ideas since a scorpion bit 2 tiny kittens i have been caring for. It is very alarming when something tragic likes this happens. I care for many animals, so the most eco-friendly is my choice. I already use Dearth, but they have gotten past that barrier and made it to the 2nd floor of my home, so we know they scale walls.

9. Tom says

So we moved here about three weeks ago and ahave already found 2 bark scorpions inside our apartment, one was today and it was in a bowl on the kitchen counter. I’ve already talked with the apartment people and they have exterminators every Wed / Thurs. We hadn’t seen any then I saw they spraying Thurs right outside our place and this weekend two showed up.
    Could use some help keeping them out

• Sheila says

Tom, if you can see all the comments in this thread, follow all of them. That’s the only way I have found to keep the scorpians out. Over the past 6 years, we had about 50 in the house. Then I did everything I found on this thread, and haven’t had a scorpian in 6 months. But word of caution, I would not fill the weepholes with concrete or sealant, as some have suggested. The weepholes are necessary to prevent buildup of humidity and thus Mold, inside the walls. You can cut small pieces of window screening and “fold” them into the weepholes, thus blocking them to scorpians, but still allowing airflow.

10. SaraD says

Scorpions are too heavily armored for diatomaceous earth to be very effective on them directly. What it *is* effective on is crickets, roaches, and similar insects on which scorpions feed. Scorpions will eat almost anything, including each other, so, if you can reduce their food supply, they may actually feed off of each other, including their own babies, and reduce their population. At the least, they will go in search of better hunting grounds than your house. This is why it is important to keep bark, plant clippings, and leaf litter away from your home. Crickets love them. It’s a scorpion buffet.

Completely sealing scorpions out of your home is just about impossible. Scorpions can flatten themselves and get through spaces you wouldn’t dream they could fit through. Obviously, it varies a bit with its age and species, but, if you can slide a standard size paper clip through a space, a scorpion can get through there, too.

I still recommend getting an exterminator to come out to your home at night and use a black light to pinpoint the scorpions’ locations, or getting your own black light and go scorpion hunting yourself. It may help you know which areas to treat and how best to treat them.

11. The Rev says

I just killed one in the garage. First one I’ve ever seen on my property in 25 years and it looks just like the one in the picture in this article. Well it did until it became road kill.

12. Elizabeth Horne says

One correction to this story although it applies statewide is there is one death attributable to the bark scorpion in Arizona down south in Sierra Vista approx. 2002. My next door neighbor was stung multiple times over a few years and the last sting killed her. When I got stung in 2005 poison control said to me don’t worry only one person has ever died and “unless you live next door” your chances are pretty slim.

13. Mark Minkowitz says

There is a new way to stop scorpions from coming into your home and backyard. There is a company in phoenix called pest borders. There product really works and its a one time installation. There website is pest borders.com

• says

Your right Terri
        We were very inexperienced at the time with these types of websites we should have deleted that comment some how. We apologize.
        But it does work and we now have satisfied customers in both Arizona and Nevada.

14. John says

I came across this thread by accident but its a subject that interests me. The first thing I did was to search the thread for the word “cat” and was surprised to get no results. We moved to Wickenburg in 2003 and dealt with Bark Scorpions on a daily basis. After limited success in chasing them down and stomping, I refined the technique of approaching them very slowly with a rubber mallet and when close enough not to miss, deliver the kill shot. My Scorpion hunting days ended, however, when we adopted 2 cats. I haven’t seen a scorpion in years. Not so lucky with Rattlesnakes though.

15. Nina says

Hi everyone. I’m from Wisconsin and living with my aunt and uncle this summer for two months in Phoenix Arizona. I was laying in my bed at approximately 10pm and noticed a small little creature scurry across the edge of my pillow. I called my uncle into the room and it turns out it was a scorpion. It was very small (about the size of my pinky finger) and it’s tail didn’t even curve up how most scorpion tails do from pictures I’ve seen. Although I do not know exactly what kind of scorpion it was and why it was in my bed, I want to know if this is a problem or not. My aunt and uncle were also very surprised that one was in the house because my uncle sprays and they do not see them at all in here. If anyone could give me a few tips or info on this that would be great. Because like I said I’m from Wisconsin and I’ve never had to deal with anything like this before and it freaked me out. Thanks!

16. Don says

When I was little, I was taught to always shake out my boots and shoes because of scorpions. Since I was almost stung a couple of time at a young age, I still have this habit today of tapping and shaking my shoes out. Amazing what will turn up in your shoes even in a house you think is bug free. Same for camping. I am in Florida now and have to deal with all kinds of bugs, mold and animals. The most recent problem is the monitor lizard which ate my cat. :(

I like to deal with pests in the most environmentally friendly way, but pests belong outside. Make sure you do barrier treatments. In walls, cracks, etc., I use boric acid and diatomaceous earth. Keeps insects out, and the predators which feed on them. Ants, carpenter ants, roaches, bed bugs, and others are affected by the DE. Use Food grade. Use it in your garden bed to keep plant eating insects out and it will not hurt earthworms.

You can seal holes with a product from the hardware store that your spray in the cracks and it expands to seal the hole. You can also add steel wool with it to add to the plugged hole and keep mice out.

My father used boric acid powder with a little sugar and water to keep ants and roaches out of a YMCA he managed. It worked. Now they sell it as Roach Pruf, but boraxo or straight boric acid powder is what we used then– 50 years ago.

Best wishes.

• Roz says

We traded places. I was in Florida and now I am Nevada. Sorry about your cat. Those lizards are out of control. I went back to the keys before I moved here and saw tons of them there. They were killings small dogs and cats in Ft. Myers/Naples before I left Lee county. smh….

17. Elle says

Last house was infested with scorpions after one neighbor built a pool and another did construction….my whole neighborhood got infested as well. Nothing we did worked 100% but we cut them in half by my mask wearing son putting food-grade D.E. all over the attic early in the summer. You have to put the D.E. in the attic before it gets over 100 degrees, after that they come down into the house.

In my currently house I wasn’t putting up with it so before I moved in last year I paid over $800 to have the home sealed and I spray every 30 days only outside with the chemicals they recommended (and exactly how they told me like you have to spray around ALL windows/doors and the pillars on the block walls), but I admit I use a slightly stronger concentration. IMHO….if you don’t eliminate the crickets you’ll never get rid of the scorps.

We also have lots of birds here that eat bugs right out of the block wall. Also lots of feral cats roam around my house at night….I’ve never had a pet cat but ALL my friends with pet cats have little or no scorpions…certain cats eat them.

18. Sheila says

After 8 years of battling scorpions, I’m still working on new ideas all the time. Have found 3 inside the house this year. But over the past 8 years, approximately 60 in the house. Sticky traps near the doors are great. Have also done lots of sealing and blocking. We are now trying a product I just found on the internet called “Wondercide”, or “Cedarcide”. It is OK for pets, which is great since we have 3 cats and 3 dogs. Unfortunately, our cats are not the kind that kill scorpions. We are spraying the “Wondercide” around the house hoping it will repel scorpions and snakes. The snakes are another issue entirely. So far we have only done one treatment with the “Wondercide”, but haven’t had a scorpion in the house since we did it. I did find one on the back porch though.

• Cavecreekgirl says

No need to panic my friend,
      I got stung last night in my garage by a scorpion, pretty sure it was a baby desert hairy but when they are little it is hard to tell. The sting was mild and no more painful than a cholla spike in the toe. I had no additional pain or swelling and today I am fine. My fault for walking around in garage with no shoes.

I was told by an experminator the best repellent is Diatomaceous earth. He said to buy a bag and fill in all sidewalk cracks and gaps under doors and windows with this stuff– circle your whole house with it. It is like glass shards to the scorpions becuase thier chitinous carapace gets cut into ribbons when they slide over it. They avoid it completely. Its very cheap stuff and it is sold in the pool aisle of lowes. Also buy a few good black lights and go out at night with tongs and remove them manually– up to you what to do with them after that. Personally if I have more than 5 I woudl take them out to an un inhabited spot and let them go. They eat bugs and are beneficial to the desert environment.

• Sheila says

Thanks, Cavecreekgirl,
        I did put diatomaceous earth in the interstitial wall cavities of our house during the building process 8 years ago. I might be helping some, but it didn’t help completely, because I think they are coming in mostly under the doors. I catch a lot of them on sticky traps there. I do need to buy some more diatomaceous earth and go around the outside of the house once again. Oh, and the black light hunting really works. I was doing that for a while, but after a couple of encounters with snakes, I have scaled back on my nighttime excursions outside.
        I’m glad the sting didn’t hurt you much last night! Carry on.

• Mark Minkowitz says

There is a wonderful new product that really works in keeping scorpions out of the home.
          It’s called pest borders you can find it on the web.

19. Joe C says

I have always had scorpions outside my home, but lately I have been finding them crawling around upstairs in the bedrooms. Any advice how they get up there?

• Mark Minkowitz says

It’s called pest borders you can find it on the web.

• Elpida says

Hey Mark,

You’re getting annoying. Everyone knows it’s your company and no one will call Pest Borders since you clearly are trying to hide the fact that it’s your company.

• Mark says

Dear Elpedia,
          If you will please take notice my posting and I do not deny that I posted it was back in October of 2014, it was a single posting and if I could retract it I would. I apologize if that single posting is annoying to you, I made a mistake my intentions were not to decieve but to get the word out.

20. Katie says

All of these suggestions are greatly appreciated. We live in southern CA in the desert. We have had them in our home for 5 years at least. No one believed me when I said I’m pretty sure they’re bark scorpions. I used to hunt with a black light, but we saw less, so I let my guard down. We adopted a cat, ordered sticky traps, hired a pest control company to spray. A few months ago someone in our development contacted our local Vector Control who collected them and sent them to the state entomologist for identification. They are bark scorpions. 8 days ago our 13 year old son was stung by one while at the kitchen sink doing dishes. He had an allergic reaction. Over the course of hours all 4 limbs became numb-but he could still use the. He had tingling in his ears, and random numb spots in his face.ER and Poison Control all told me we don’t have bark scorpions in CA. They persisted in arguing with me. They did attach a handout on bark scorpions at discharge, but it was evident by their interactions with me, that they had written me off as a crazy Mom who had no clue what she was talking about.. Nurse practitioner at our pediatrician’s office was also dismissive on a follow up visit. She said, “Get some Benadryl you’re kids will be fine. They’re not lethal. I had them in my house in AZ, and got stung. It just hurts.” I didn’t bother to correct her since she was so dismissive, and certain she knew all there was to know about them. I have to add find a new pediatrician that will take me seriously to our list too. We have 4 kids all with allergies and asthma. Moving is not a feasible option at this point in time. Anyone else have suggestions, or things they have done to reduce their numbers? I assume they will always be here, since we live in the desert, but I’d like to reduce their numbers. I tried arming the family with black lights a few years back too, but the kids just used them as toys. I will do this again, since our 3 oldest have now seen what can happen. Our youngest is too little to get it. Anyone know if there it’s possible to convert a nightlight to a black light, to light his path at night? They blend right into our tile so keeping lights on doesn’t work. We are back to tapping out all shoes, checking bedding, etc.

• James says

Katie I’m really sorry to hear about your story, and I can understand how frustrated it must be when the official, as well as medical personal are so dismissive about the scorpion issues. We too have scorpion issue, in fact I was stung once almost a year ago.

My suggestion for you is to follow some of the things suggested by other people here (most of them from 2014). One thing I find extremely useful was to seal up the cracks in your backyard fence. Most of the fences out in AZ are stone blocks, and when they develop cracks scorpions make a home out of them. Also, use black light to hunt scorpion outside to reduce the numbers, as well as doing nightly sweep should help as well.

As far as for your kid, I’d say that you need to sit them down to have a serious talk with them. You should let them know how serious scorpion can be. Also, I have what I called “Scorpion kit”, it’s basically a bucket (so you can throw scorpion in it, or put items from the Scorpion kit), a clear Pyrex glass bowl (this works very well to temporary contain the scorpion), black light, and a scorpion grabber (home depot). The “kit” should remind at the same location in the house and you as well as the kids should be able to get to it. I taught my wife to cup the scorpion, should she found one when I’m out of the house.

21. Cayla says

Hello im from Lubbock tx and my boyfriend found one on his boot this morning while getting ready for work we Both have NEVER seen one ever!!!- he put it in a jar should i be worried that we have more? how common are they in the tx pannhandle! I also have a chicken soo lol ???? Idk please someone whtt yall think??-

• Christy says

Yes I believe they are pretty common there as well. I live in southern new mexico not to far from lubbock amd my house has them bad. We usually see them about June July up until september. Probably 4 -5 a month. We usually just kill them when we see them but now having a small child in the house I’m looking into ways to keep them out. My sister found one in the sink today in a bowl. I hate them. Buy I will be trying some of the ideas in this thread.

22. SaraD says

Sheila, you have my deepest sympathy. I cannot imagine having to live with so many of the little buggers. It must be scary, indeed.

The big problem with scorpions is that powders and residual paints or sprays don’t work very well on them. They have very small feet and carry their bodies high, so they can go through powder or residual sprays pretty safely.

If this has not already been done, I would try to find a pest control company that will come out at night and use black light. Scorpions fluoresce under black light so, even if they are hiding in crevices, they can be seen more easily. They are also nocturnal (active at night), so they should be more easily sprayed directly, then.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to mention a business name here – I normally wouldn’t, but this seems like a desperate situation – but I was told by someone from Captain’s Pest Control that there is a fairly recent insecticide compound that they use in battling scorpions. If I understood his explanation correctly, it is comprised of a sticky “carrier” and tiny microbeads. The microbeads contain poison. The substance is painted or sprayed in strategic places. When a scorpion walks through it, some of it sticks to its feet. When it tries to clean the substance off of its feet, it ingests some of the microbeads and is killed by the poison. I don’t have anything to do with that company, but I do know that they have been successful in dealing with a scorpion infestation in a large commercial job. It would be worth contacting them, or at least calling around to find out who else may be using that method of control. Best of luck!

23. Michael says

Another bug point-of-entry indoors — the exhaust fan openings for bathroom, kitchen and laundry rooms. Block them by cutting screen door material to fit the fan opening, remove the fan cover, then glue the fitted screen to the bottom of the ceiling around the edges of the opening, and reinstall the fan cover.

24. Sheila says

I took your advice and did this. As well as putting cedar mulch in our flower beds. And putting window sealant around all the windows. I also noticed that everywhere there is a plumbing entry into my home, the builder left huge gaps open to the interstitial wall cavity. I have now plugged all of them with plumbers putty. We have not seen a scorpian in about 5 months now. THIS IS A RECORD!!!!! This is working, and I am now sleeping with the lights off!!!!!

Trackbacks