Test your knowledge of Arizona with this quick sampler, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score. Good luck!
- What is the state gemstone?
- What color is the star on Arizona’s state flag?
- What was the newspaper The Arizona Republic called prior to its current name?
- What did the call letters KTAR originally stand for?
- For what mining product is Arizona number one in the nation?
- What is the state tree of Arizona?
- What famous Rough Rider is associated with the bronze statue in front of the Prescott courthouse?
- Name the Indian tribe that performs the snake dance.
- What are Arizona’s official colors?
- What is the Spanish word for fort?
- Members of what Indian tribe live at the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
- To call a person a “Hassayamper” is a polite way of saying that one is a?
- What brick is made from mud and straw?
- What is Arizona’s motto?
- Who is the keeper of the “Great Seal of Arizona?
- The Arizona Republican
- Keep Taking the Arizona Republican (now known as The Arizona Republic)
- Palo Verde
- Buckey O’Neill
- Old gold and blue
- The Havasupai
- Liar (legend has it that after drinking from the Hassayampa River one can never tell the truth again)
- Adobe brick
- Ditat Deus (God Enriches)
- Secretary of State