Test your knowledge of Arizona geography with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score. Did any answers surprise you?
- Name the towering peak in the Santa Rita Mountains south of Tucson.
- Name the picturesque mountains east of Tombstone.
- Name the one place in the United States where four states meet. What are the four states?
- What northern Arizona highway had a TV show named after it?
- What is the only Arizona county named for an Indian leader?
- What is the lake behind Glen Canyon Dam?
- At what intersection in Phoenix do all addresses originate, Point 0?
- What military post is now buried beneath the waters of Lake Mohave?
- What Interstate runs from Gila Bend to San Diego?
- What is the southernmost snow-skiing area in North America?
- What famous valley is on the Navajo Reservation?
- What is the name of Arizona’s so-called “Lost County”?
- What river crosses southern Arizona from New Mexico to Yuma?
- What lake is behind Parker Dam?
- Name the mountain range that towers above the old town of Tubac.
- What national monument is perched on the cliffs above Roosevelt Lake?
- What national monument began as a fortress for early Mormon colonizers?
- What is the only Arizona river that originates in Mexico?
- Mt. Wrightson (9,453 ft.)
- Dragoon Mountains
- Four Corners. Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico.
- U.S. Highway 66; Route 66
- Lake Powell
- Central Avenue and Washington
- Fort Mohave
- Interstate 8
- Mt. Lemmon, Santa Catalina Mountains
- Monument Valley
- Pah-Ute, lost to Nevada in 1866 (southeast corner of Nevada)
- The Gila
- Lake Havasu
- Santa Rita Mountains
- Tonto National Monument
- Pipe Springs National Monument
- San Pedro