Test your knowledge of Arizona places, people and activities with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
- What territorial governor has a commemorative home in both Prescott and Tucson?
- In 1989, the town of Williams held a gala celebration for what?
- In what Arizona community did Reverend Endicott Peabody establish his first church?
- What is the county seat of Graham County?
- What famous Hohokam Indian structure is near Coolidge?
- Name Arizona’s only frontier military post still active today.
- Where is the original Gadsden Hotel located?
- Name one of the most well-known birding areas in Southern Arizona.
- Where are the Gold Rush Days?
- Where is the Shrine of the Ages Chapel?
- What Southern Arizona city derives its name from the Indian Word “chukshon,” meaning dark base?
- What town received its name from a card game?
- What city is home to “Whiskey Row”?
- What large dam is located on the Gila River southeast of Globe?
- Where is Slide Rock?
- John C. Fremont
- Reopening of the Grand Canyon Railway
- Tombstone (St. Paul’s Episcopal)
- Casa Grande National Monument
- Fort Huachuca
- Madera, Portal and Ramsey Canyons
- Grand Canyon
- Show Low
- Coolidge Dam
- Oak Creek Canyon (near Sedona)