Test your knowledge of Arizona cities and towns with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
- In 1864, Gimletville was a proposed name for what city?
- Where was the nation’s first municipal airport built?
- What city is now located where the well-known Sunset Crossing was in the 1800s?
- Where is the oldest active livery stable in America?
- Name the city that has had four flags flown over it, and name the four flags.
- What is Tucson’s nickname?
- What city hosts the Rodeo of Rodeos?
- What community calls itself “The Town too Tough to Die?”
- Name the town best known for its easy living and Easy Street.
- What city hosts the annual Parada del Sol?
- What city is the Gateway to the Land of Cochise?
- On what cone-shaped hill does Jerome perch?
- What well-known Arizona city was almost named Utleyville?
- Tucson, 1919
- Grand Canyon (since 1902)
- Tucson (Spain, Mexico, The United States of America and the Confederate flag)
- The Old Pueblo
- Cleopatra Hill