Arizona Trivia Sampler: Can You Pass?
Test your knowledge of Arizona with this quick sampler, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
1. In what city was the “Gunfight at OK Corral”?
2. What city took its name as the result of a card game?
3. In what city was the infamous Territorial Prison?
4. What famous copper mining city began an infamous “slide” down the mountain in the 1920’s?
5. Fill in the missing lyric from this classic tune, “Get Your Kicks On Route 66,” “Flagstaff, Arizona, don’t forget …..
6. Where was the first territorial capital of Arizona?
7. What city was known as the “Old Pueblo”?
8. What city owes its name to a firebird?
9. What city was known as the “Queen of the Copper Camps”?
10. Who was the first (and only) native Arizonan to be nominated by a major party for the Presidency of the United States?
11. Name the highest mountains in Arizona.
12. Which national forest will dull a logger’s ax faster than any other?
13. What humorist took a look at a dry Arizona lake and mused, “If that was my lake, I’d mow it”?
14. What highway traversing the state was referred to by writer John Steinbeck as the “Mother Road”?
15. What city was originally called Flagpole?
2. Show Low
10. Barry Goldwater
11. The San Francisco Mountains (Humphrey’s Peak is 12,633 feet.)
12. The Petrified Forest National Park.
13. Will Rogers
14. Route 66
Leave us a comment with your score and thoughts!