Arizona Hotspots & Leisure Trivia 2: Can You Pass?
Test your knowledge of Arizona hotspots and leisure activities with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
- What is the highest single steel arch bridge in the country?
- What “happy-go-lucky” community was developed by Tom Darlington and K.T. Palmer?
- What Arizona community is named for a cousin of Winston Churchill’s mother?
- Name Arizona’s pioneer luxury resort developed by Dr. A. J. Chandler.
- What famous natural bridge is near Lake Powell?
- What community was named for Ellsworth Schnebly’s sister-in-law?
- Name the national monument near Clarkdale that over looks the Verde River.
- Where is McFarland State Park?
- What is Tumacacori?
- What is known as the “White Dove of the Desert”?
- Where did Frank Lloyd Wright live and work (near Scottsdale)?
- What is the name of the futuristic 20-story cliff dwelling being built near Cordes Junction?
- What is the nation’s largest man-made lake (by volume)?
- What small, eastern Arizona community owns its own prehistoric ruins?
- On which Indian Reservation is the Sunrise Ski Area located?
- Name the town west of Phoenix that is named for a tire company.
- Where is 800 ft. Spider Rock located?
- What famous Sinagua Indian cliff dwelling is located in the Verde Valley?
- Name the oldest continuously occupied town in America.
- Name the experimental project near Oracle, Arizona that is an independent, self-contained three-acre living habitat.
- What northern Arizona community is named after a small red fruit?
- Glen Canyon Bridge (U.S. 89)
- Jerome (Eugene Jerome)
- San Marcos Hotel (1912)
- Rainbow Bridge
- Sedona (Sedona N. Schnebly)
- Early Spanish mission south of Tucson and a National Monument
- San Xavier del Bac Mission
- Taliesen West
- Lake Mead
- Springerville (Casa Malpai)
- Apache (Fort Apache Reservation)
- Monument Canyon (Canyon de Chelly)
- Montezuma Castle
- Old Oraibi (Hopi Mesas)
- Biosphere II
- Strawberry or Cherry