Arizona Trivia Sampler 4: Can You Pass?
Test your knowledge of Arizona places, people and activities with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
- What territorial governor has a commemorative home in both Prescott and Tucson?
- In 1989, the town of Williams held a gala celebration for what?
- In what Arizona community did Reverend Endicott Peabody establish his first church?
- What is the county seat of Graham County?
- What famous Hohokam Indian structure is near Coolidge?
- Name Arizona’s only frontier military post still active today.
- Where is the original Gadsden Hotel located?
- Name one of the most well-known birding areas in Southern Arizona.
- Where are the Gold Rush Days?
- Where is the Shrine of the Ages Chapel?
- What Southern Arizona city derives its name from the Indian Word “chukshon,” meaning dark base?
- What town received its name from a card game?
- What city is home to “Whiskey Row”?
- What large dam is located on the Gila River southeast of Globe?
- Where is Slide Rock?
- John C. Fremont
- Reopening of the Grand Canyon Railway
- Tombstone (St. Paul’s Episcopal)
- Casa Grande National Monument
- Fort Huachuca
- Madera, Portal and Ramsey Canyons
- Grand Canyon
- Show Low
- Coolidge Dam
- Oak Creek Canyon (near Sedona)
(Visited 210 times, 1 visits today)
10/15. Must take the entire 4 years of high school over again. pft.
Sara, which questions tripped you up?
1. I kept thinking “Freeman” and knew it was close but incorrect, but my mind refused to dredge up the correct name.
2. I thought of the railway but dismissed it because I thought it was revived longer ago than ’89. (Apparently, someone has monkeyed with the space-time continuum.)
3. I had just read about him recently and have no excuse for not knowing that answer. Kicking myself.
4. For some reason, I was thinking Gila County, not Graham. Again, kicking myself.
10. I had never heard of the Shrine of the Ages Chapel before.
To be honest, I should really have only partial credit for #8. My answer was Ramsey Canyon, but I didn’t include Portal and Madera because Ramsey is the one I see mentioned most often in the media.
Well don’t kick yourself too hard. 🙂