Arizona Hotspots & Leisure Trivia 3: Can You Pass?
Test your knowledge of Arizona hotspots and leisure activities with this short quiz, originally published in Marshall Trimble’s Official Arizona Trivia. Don’t scroll down too quickly. The answers are posted shortly below the questions. When you’re finished, leave a comment with your score.
- What is the largest city park in the world and where is it located?
- What is the name of Tucson’s annual rodeo parade?
- Name the community located near the en trance to Canyon de Chelly (pronounced canyon-de-shay).
- What community was named for Ellsworth Schnebly’s sister-in-law?
- Name the national monument near Clarkdale that over looks the Verde River.
- Where is McFarland State Park?
- Name the city located between Tucson and Phoenix that has the same name as a city in Italy.
- What is Tumacacori?
- What Arizona city has three county courthouses?
- Name the national monument located near Roosevelt Lake.
- What is known as the “White Dove of the Desert”?
- Where did Frank Lloyd Wright live and work (near Scottsdale)?
- What is the name of the futuristic 20-story cliff dwelling being built near Cordes Junction?
- What is the nation’s largest man-made lake (by volume)?
- What Arizona landmark previously graced the Thames River?
- Where is the Lavender Pit?
- Where is the Copper Queen Hotel?
- Name the popular gambling town on the Colorado River across from Bullhead City.
- What small, eastern Arizona community owns its own prehistoric ruins?
- On which Indian Reservation is the Sunrise Ski Area located?
- South Mountain Park; Phoenix
- La Fiesta de los Vaqueros
- Sedona (Sedona N. Schnebly)
- Early Spanish mission south of Tucson and a National Monument
- Tonto National Monument
- San Xavier del Bac Mission
- Taliesen West
- Lake Mead
- London Bridge at Lake Havasu City
- Springerville (Casa Malpai)
- Apache (Fort Apache Reservation)